Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Just like The Ring 2

At 12:30am we had a new household record: 7 deer in our front yard at one time.

Rachel had already gone to bed and I was walking out to the kitchen when I saw something move by the driveway. I froze and saw a deer walking right up our driveway. I ran upstairs into the bedroom to wakeup Rachel. We started to look out the front window and 7 deer were just milling around. There was one small one but no fawns? (babies). Two came so close to the front door I thought they might ring the doorbell.
We still have our tree up in the front room, so I was able to hide behind it and watch one of them eat our bushes right in front of the window. I felt uncomfortably close thinking about the deer scene from The Ring 2. I did try to get some video but it is far too dark despite having the front light on.

No wonder Lucy likes to go out and sniff the bushes for hours on end. We sometimes call her Sniffy Snifferson.

4 comments:

Karen said...

i think it's cute that you got rachel up out of bed to see them! the only time i've been that close to deer are when we go feed them at the game preserve.

Dale said...

Are you sure this happened, or did you dream this?

Hey guess what, Blogspot logged me in automatically!

Anonymous said...

it definitely happened. and, yes, we still have our tree up. sorry, people, but i really like it...it's our first one together!

Martha said...

My parents used to wake us up to see deer. I am amazed by them. I can see them daily and be awed by them every time for some reason. I think it's darling!