Saturday, August 2, 2008

Be Kind Rewind

Rachel and I rented Be Kind Rewind last night (A).
She said some of the remakes reminded her of stuff her and her brother's would have done, I said it looked a lot like the movies the kids on our street made.



Link to their other Sweded movies

Their version of Lord of the Rings didn't even make the movie but it is outstanding.

I was lucky to grow up on a street with a lot of kids. Our bus stop was packed (that is Tom on the left) to the point where it required organization.
You dropped your bag off in the order of your age, played some tag, then got on the bus. (Me and most of the people I played with growing up are to the left and out of the picture).


Some of our old neighbors created a facebook group for our street and posted some old photos and movies similar to Be Kind Rewind.
Here is my brother Mike from 1985.


I don't think kids grow up like this anymore.

3 comments:

Karen said...

aren't we lucky?

Anonymous said...

Dave, your brother Mike sure is handsome!

Signed
a hot babe

Anonymous said...

Thanks hot babe.

Signed
Mike