Sunday, August 10, 2008

A&W



On the way to Bloomington yesterday we stopped at an A&W for lunch.

I have a very clear memory of eating at an A&W with my Mom and my Aunt Char on Cape Cod when I was a kid. Why no one else was with us I do not remember, but I remember really liking the food.

I have told this to Rachel on our visits to the Jug etc so she is the one who spotted the A&W. This one had to have been one of the originals, since it was made to be a drive up.

Overall it was not as good as I remembered, the burgers were good (but nowhere near as fresh as the Jug) and the root beer was actually terrible (tasted like diet).

But it was nice to revisit a good memory.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Perhaps due to changes in ownership and probably trends towards cheaper ingredients/processes make it not as good as you remember.
Then again, very few things are ever as good as "we remember".

When I heard they were owned by Long John Silvers, I refused to eat them. Now they're owned by YUM, but I still wouldn't eat at most of their restaurants.
However, if I worked for YUM, I would probably become a loyal root beer drinker. At the KFC headquarters in Louisville employees have all you can drink A&W. Mmm.