Thursday, May 31, 2007

Looks like I was right

Here is an actual conversation from work this week. (Len's name was changed to protect his identity for obvious reasons).

"Len": Hey, not to change the subject or anything but what do you think is the scariest monster?

Me: What?

"Len": You know like Vampires or Werewolves?

Me: I dunno, the Loch Ness Monster.

"Len": No, not the Loch Ness Monster, real monsters. I say Zombies.

Me: Zombies? But they are so slow.

"Len": Not in 28 days later...

The next day this article shows up.

Link to Article

Who's a real monster now?

5 comments:

Karen said...

how the heck is that "good footage"?!

Dale said...

Gosh, I wish I knew what "Len"s real name is so I can yell at him.

The best part was the 30 second commercial I had to watch before it... it was a commercial for PVC piping. This just goes to show how much of a joke marketing is.

Tom said...

I agree the footage is terrible for the "best footage ever" but maybe the loch ness monster is just blurry in real life.

Assuming nessie is real (it is), is it scary? We can't even find it. I agree that zombies are not scary.

Maybe the scariest is Monsters Inc. It's all about capitalism now, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

The best part is I started to tell someone that story and they guessed he'd say Zombies, because he had previously asked what Zombies would eat once they have taken over the planet and eaten all the humans.

We now sign him up for the PRL as Project Zombie

Martha said...

That's fabulous. And I thought just chics were that loopy.

my vote is for Sasquatch.