Monday, December 4, 2006

Useful Websites

My admins have presented me with recent data showing that my comments per blog ratio has decreased recently. And I agree my progress towards settling down can't compete with babies popping up all over the place. My Blog Comment Ratio Action Committee has suggested a more interactive topic to really get things going.
So I decided to discuss some of my most useful websites that I use and hopefully learn about some new ones to try.

News: CNN.com - very easy to use and usually my homepage (especially at work). I usually ignore the top story and some days I read most of the articles on the homepage. It is the only place that I learn about celebrity gossip and divorces.

Weather: Weather.com - I don't watch the local news so this is helpful. I enjoy the hour bu hour forecasts but the radar no longer zooms in as well as it did a few years ago.

Sports: ESPN.com - The standard for scoreboards and checking out games but now too many of their articles and content is for INSIDERS. I believe in not paying for anything when I have 100 million other options so I have been checking out SI.com for sports articles.

Email: Yahoo.com - Hotmail gets way too much spam and I just haven't gotten around to using gmail much. Plus Yahoo was one of the first to give a lot of storage.

House Hunting: Sibcycline.com - Not sure the range beyond Cincy but I love the interactive map. Zillow.com is good for getting all the scoop on prices.

Books: Notthebookstore.com - obviously.

Search: Google.com - I find the image search very useful for blogs and work related things.

6 comments:

Karen said...

a fantastic opener! :) where do i submit my resume to be on the committee(s)??

I'd like to add that for local directory assistance & maps a good site is www.cincinnatiexchange.com. unlike Mapquest it leaves the business name and phone number in the heading of the direction page!

Jessica said...

Blog Comment Ratio Action Committee - Ha, that's great, how do I get one? :)

Anonymous said...

Boring, David. Just boring. I suggest that you spice things up a little with some stories about your bedtime adventures. Ummm... the ones about your wacky night terrors, NOT the other bedtime adventures.

Dale said...

I'm not sure if I'd be more likely or less likely to read your blog if you talked about your bedtime adventures.

YMN Blog said...

ok sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and am convinced the dog was in the closet playing with Rachel's shoes

Karen said...

ditto, dale.

daaaaaaaaaave, tell me a story about you in grade school.