Thursday, November 30, 2006

TW2: The Empire Strikes Back




You saw that I am saving a bunch of money on my cable now.
When I added the DVR I asked if I needed a new box, they said if I have the HDTV box that will be my DVR. Joke was on me the next night when I tried to tape (do you say that w/ a DVR?) Grey's Anatomy for Rachel and my HDTV box kept looking at me like an idiot. If it could talk it would have said "are you kidding me do I look like a DVR." Then it taunted me a little bit by replacing the clock with "REC" after I hit the record button. Needless to say Rachel was left to try and catch the Friday night repeat.
You may have won this round Time Warner...

TW3: Return of the Jedi (but not the 'extra' cable box)
So I called Time Warner to see if they were laughing at me from a hidden camera like the fake water bed trick (showing here):



It turns out the problem is Time Warner was sure that I had 2 HDTV boxes in my apartment before I moved to the house. This was not true but apparently I have been charged for 2 box rentals (and 2 remotes). So not only will they mail me a DVR but I may get back credit for up to 4 years of a box rental @ ~$5-$7/month.

No comments: