Monday, November 13, 2006

Ghost writes a blog


OK, a little late for trick or treating but...
On a date night, Rachel and I were killing some time at Borders before a movie (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Rachel went to look up what our birthdays meant for our relationship and I was walking around aimlessly after realizing I had read 1/2 of the business books.
They had a Halloween display stand that had my new favorite book in it. It is a children's book called "Ghost Eats it All." It stars a Pac-Man looking Ghost named..."Ghost" and a Charlie Brown does Frankenstein looking Monster named..."Monster."
The writing is very descript, it starts with "Ghost eats an egg" and aptly enough the picture shows Ghost eating an egg while Monster looks on. The drama continues as "Ghost eats cake" and "Ghost eats candy", each time with Monster getting increasingly upset about Ghost eating everything. I won't ruin the ending but Monster works in an unexpected twist.
I'm not blogging this to tell you about Oprah Book Club's next best seller. See, I have found this story to be very useful and have incorporated some of the lessons into my daily life. Rachel and I are currently in an Oreo phase (Double Stuff) and one day she walked in and said "what happened to the cookies?" Now with an innocent shrug I just say "Ghost eats cookies." I have learned this could also backfire, you may think sending your fiance a text message during lunch would be a sweet thing to do, but apparently if it contains "Ghost eats Chipotle" it may not be taken as well if you don't bring home a burrito.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, where IS my veggie burrito?

Dave said...

Ghost eats veggie burrito

Karen said...

i want a veggie burrito too!!

your kids will be well-read if you're starting into these types of books now!

Anonymous said...

Dave plans to have them reading engineering books by kindergarten. I just hope that they aren't picking their noses by then.

Dale said...

Forget engineering books. Your kid's first book will be Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Dave said...

How can I work Cash Flow into an allowance?

Karen said...

you're giving your kids an allowance?? i thought they'd have to earn and invest like dear ole dad to get by!

Tom said...

Tom writes comment