Saturday, November 18, 2006

There is a reason the show is funny.


I guess I am a blogger.beta user which makes it impossible to try and log in!

My group at work is relatively small, about 40 of us in two hallways. Every year we have a thanksgiving pot luck day where everyone brings in food and we eat all day. I always find my way onto the soda/drinks list to save everyone from my lack of cooking skills. Normally we sign out the only conference room in our hallway to store all the food, and during the day people come and go to sample the goods.
This year was a little different. In the past year they converted that conference room into offices by turning it into 4 cubicles inside the old large conference room. This would seem to be a big problem for us except somehow we ended up using one of the empty cubicles. So all day 40 people are walking by someones desk chatting away to stuff themselves with food. The poor guys working here are not in our group so they were not involved in this potluck. They had to try to go about their normal work while inhaling a wide range of smells from Dunkin' Donuts coffee to venison chili (at least this year they labeled it).
On a side note I was put on Pepsi soda duty even though I am a Coke drinker. On my way to work I swung by Kroger and picked up 4 2-liter bottles. Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Cherry 7-up. After swiping my Kroger card the total came to $3.52! I couldn't believe it since they were all marked $1.39. Now if only they brought back their $1 off Jones orange and cream soda...

2 comments:

Karen said...

i thought that was part of hte reason that guys eventually "give up" and get girlfriends/wives. So that they can have someone else be responsible for making things for office potlucks.

ah well... i guess someone has to bring the pop!

Dale said...

Yes, that was one thing I do miss about having a significant other.